If you were to be sent to Tirana on an expatriate assignment or if you were to relocate there, you are likely to experience:
- Weather that is Mild temperate; cool, cloudy, with wet winters and hot, clear, dry summers. The interior is cooler and wetter;
- You will meet people who speak Albanian;
- You will find the cost of clothing yourself is low compared to other places;
- The cost of food and beverages is very low compared to other places;
- The cost of housing yourself is low compared to other places;
- The cost of transporting yourself is low compared to other places;
- Tirana is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Albania;
- Tirana is Albania's major industrial centre. It has experienced rapid growth and established many new industries since the 1920s. The principal industries include agricultural products and machinery, textiles, pharmaceuticals, and metal products;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience extreme hardship.
- Make sure you negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance.
If you live in Tirana or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Tirana again?