- Weather that is Dry and semiarid;
- People who speak Azeri and Russian;
- The cost of clothing is very high;
- The cost of food and beverages is high;
- The cost of housing is high;
- The cost of transport is low;
- Baku is the capital, the largest city, and the largest port of Azerbaijan and all the Caucasus;
- The basis of Baku's economy is petroleum. The existence of petroleum has been known since the 8th century. The World War II Battle of Stalingrad was fought to determine who would have control of the Baku oil fields. Fifty years before the battle, Baku produced half of the world's oil supply. Currently the oil economy of Baku is undergoing a resurgence;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience extreme hardship;
- Be sure to negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance to compensate for the cost of living.
If you live in Baku or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Baku again?
Post a Comment