- Weather that is tropical, very hot and humid with a rainy season (May to November) and a dry season (February to May);
- You will meet people who speak English (official), Spanish, Mayan, Garifuna (Carib), and Creole;
- The cost of clothing is average;
- The cost of food and beverages is average;
- The cost of housing is high;
- The cost of transport is high;
- Belmopan is the capital of Belize;
- Belmopan is the seat of government. As a result many of its inhabitants work for the national government in various administrative or technical roles. Belmopan currently has business establishments, international banks, several local financial institutions, a modern bus terminal and market complex;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience extreme hardship;
- Be sure to negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance to compensate for the cost of living and hardship.
If you live in Belmopan or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Belmopan again?
Post a Comment