- People who speak English;
- The cost of clothing is very high;
- The cost of food and beverages is very high;
- The cost of housing is very high;
- The cost of transport is very high;
- Canberra is the capital city of Australia and is Australia's largest inland city and the eighth largest Australian city overall;
- Canberra's main industry is government administration and defense employing over 40% of Canberra's workforce. The unemployment rate in Canberra is well below the national unemployment rate, with labour shortages reported in some sectors. As a result of low unemployment and substantial levels of public sector and commercial employment, Canberra has the highest average disposable income of any Australian capital city;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience very little hardship;
- Make sure you negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance.
If you live in Canberra or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Canberra again?