- Weather that is arid, with mild, pleasant winters and very hot, humid, summers;
- You will meet people who speak Arabic;
- The cost of clothing is very high;
- The cost of food and beverages is high;
- The cost of housing is high;
- The cost of transport is very low;
- Manama is the capital and largest city of Bahrain;
- Manama is the focal point of the Bahraini economy. Several multinationals have facilities and offices in and around Manama. The economic base for Manama itself is financial services, with over two hundred financial institutions and banks based in the CBD and the Diplomatic Area;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience a moderately high degree of hardship;
- Be sure to negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance to compensate for the high cost of living.
If you live in Manama or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Manama again?
Post a Comment