If you were to be sent to Saint John's on an expatriate assignment or if you were to relocate there, you are likely to experience:
- Weather that is tropical maritime with little seasonal temperature variation;
- You will meet people who speak English;
- You will find the cost of clothing yourself is very high compared to other places;
- The cost of food and beverages is very high compared to other places;
- The cost of housing yourself is high compared to other places;
- The cost of transp orting yourself is very high compared to other places;
- St John's is the capital and largest city of Antigua and Barbuda'
- St John's is the commercial center of the nation and the chief port of the island of Antigua;
- St. John's is one of the most developed and cosmopolitan municipalities in the Lesser Antilles;
- The city is famous for its various shopping malls as well as boutiques throughout the city, selling designer jewellery and hauteur-couture clothing;
- The investment banking industry has a strong presence in the city;
- Many major world financial institutions have offices in St. John's;
- From a day to day comfort perspective, you are likely to experience very little hardship;
- Make sure you negotiate an appropriate salary or allowance.
If you live in Saint John's or if you lived there recently, let us know what your experience has been. Would you live in Saint John's again?